Xavier University Cincinnati, OH2011 B.F.A. – Concentrations: Fibers & Art History
Art History Thesis: “Gustave Baumann Color Woodcut Printmaker” Fiber Thesis: “Green Textures”
Indiana University Bloomington, IN 1987 M.B.A. - Organizational Development/HR
Northern Illinois University DeKalb, IL1978 M.S. Child & Family Relationships
University of WisconsinMenomonie, WI 1969 B. S. Home Economics Education
Weaver’s Guild of Greater Cincinnati Shibori Weaving by Catherine Ellis, Loom Based Tapestry by Mary Zicafoose, Mixed Warp Weaving by Cheryl Muckenfuss
Arrowmont Gatlinburg, TN Color by Grier and Dyeing by Whitesides
Split Rock Arts Duluth, MN Fabric Collage by Susan Brandeis
Exhibitions & Awards
· Dayton Society of Painters & Sculptors & Dayton Printmakers Cooperative Juried Exhibition – “Protection” monotype print and “Sharon Woods” woodcut print
· Weavers Guild of Greater Cincinnati Members Challenge Juried Exhibition – “Protection One”, Blue Ribbon Award Winner
· 4th Biennial Fitton Center Member Showcase – “Stand Up, Stand Down” monotype print (Sold) and “Canyon Pine” woodcut print
· 2013 Purchase Award “Tolerance is Thin”, Art at the X, Multicultural Expressions of Faith, Xavier University.
· New Impressions, Tiger Lily Press at Clifton Cultural Arts Center – May 3 to June 1, 2013 “Sharon Woods” & “Canyon Pine” Colored Woodcut Prints
· 26th Annual Materials Hard & Soft – February 8 to April 5, 2012 National Contemporary Craft Competition & Exhibition, Denton, TX – “Breaking the Surface” - Silk organza rock resisted & indigo dyed wall art.
· Greater Hamilton Art Exhibition – March 16 to May 31, 2013 “Pebbles Along The Road” - Silk organza rock resisted & natural dyed wall art.
· Blue Ridge Fiber Show, Western North Carolina Fibers/Handweavers Guild, Inc. – October 2, 2012 to January 2, 2013, “Corn, Sweet” – Silk Shibori weave, fustic and indigo dyed.
· Textiles In a Tube 2 – Riverworks Gallery, Greenville, SC May 23 to June 22, 2012 “Pulled In All Directions” - Silk organza rock resisted & cochineal dyed wall art.
· Solo Senior Thesis Show “Green Textures” – April, 2012- Xavier University Department of Art, Cincinnati, OH
· Women’s Club of Cincinnati Scholarship Award – April, 2012 & Weavers Guild Art Show
Surface Design Association
Triangle Weavers, Inc. - Treasurer
Handweavers Guild of American
Durham Arts Guild
1987-2008 (Retired 7/1/08) Whirlpool Corporation Benton Harbor, MI
· Division Director, Midwest Contract Sales, Cincinnati, OH: Sales leader to builder channel insix states with 6 territory managers and 4 service support reps. Total revenue of $74m & up including national builders & regional distributors. Staff development & performance management. Annually flat or under budget of over $4m including customer incentives. Leader in division profit margin.
· Director, Human Resources, Benton Harbor, MI: Recruiting, talent pool management and communications for Logistics, Sears Sales & Marketing and Technology groups.
1978-1985 Department of Children & Family ServicesSpringfield, IL
· Migrant Head Start Director: Staff of 4 professionals to develop 6 local Head Start programs for 800-1000 children annually throughout State of Illinois with combined grants of $900,000. President, National Migrant Head Start Director Association in 1983-84.
1973-1978 Children’s World – Center Director Schaumburg, IL & Instructor – College of DuPage - Child Development Glen Ellyn, IL
1971-1972 Salvation Army – Day Care Teacher Chicago, IL
1969-1971 Maine East High School – Teacher Park Ridge, IL